Pexa is the European distributor of the Lord Corporation’s Aeroglaze® range of specialist coatings. Aeroglaze® offers proven performance in the most demanding of environments. Key applications include space equipment and optics where light reflectance and thermal emissivity must be managed in difficult conditions, including in vacuums and at extreme temperatures. Pexa provides delivery and full technical support for the Lord Aeroglaze® range.
Typical application areas include; telescopes, baffles, waveguides, vacuum test chambers, probes, satellites, launch vehicles, aircraft, optics, antennae and radomes.
- Aeroglaze® Z306 and Z307. These moisture cured polyurethanes provide a matt black nish with extreme durability, mar resistance, cleanability and resistance to environmental degradation. Many scientific evaluations of Z306 have established its properties for the high absorption of wavelengths in the visible spectrum (low reflectance), combined with low emissivity in the infra-red spectrum. These properties ensure maximum absorption of stray light & minimum scatter combined with minimum emission of heat which can disturb the light path. Z307 provides essentially the same properties with additional conductivity for the discharge of static electricity.
- Aeroglaze® A276. Gloss white finish provides extreme durability in harsh environments typical of aerospace and space applications. A276 provides high re ectivity in accordance with space industry requirements
PrimersLord Aeroglaze® primers provide enhanced adhesion and corrosion resistance for a wide variety of substrates used in the space and optical markets including; gold, aluminium, stainless steel, copper, silver, beryllium, magnesium, glass, nickel and FRP. Pexa also supplies the Lord Chemlok® range of adhesion promoters for a wide variety of challenging substrates. The primers have been tested in combination with the topcoats to ensure that systems meet the technical requirements of the space and optical industries.
- Aeroglaze® 9924.-Wash (etch) primer containing chromates suitable for a wide range of substrates including untreated aluminium, copper, silver, gold, galvanised steel and many other alloys.
- Aeroglaze® 9947. Wash (etch) primer chromate free suitable for a wide range of substrates including FRP, untreated aluminium, copper, silver, gold, galvanised steel and many other alloys. Allows compliance with regulations such as REACh if chromate pigments are not permitted.
- Aeroglaze® 9929. Epoxy primer containing chromates is suitable for a wide range of treated metal substrates. This primer additionally conforms to the requirements of Mil-P-23377.
- Aeroglaze® 9741. Epoxy primer chromate free suitable for a wide range of treated metal substrates. Allows compliance with regulations such as REACh if chromate pigments are not permitted.
Key Performance and Specification Data
|100 - 100,000Ω|
|Hemispheric reflectance||Z306||λ 546nm @ 20°|
|0.048 NASA Heaney 1992||NASA Heaney 1992|
|Hemispheric reflectance||Z306||λ 5 - 25 μm||0.08 - 0.11||Persky 1999|
|Outgassing||Z306 (+ primer 9929)||TML||0.60%||NASA outgassing section A|
|Outgassing||Z306 (+ primer 9929)||CVCM||0.01%||NASA outgassing section A|
|Outgassing||Z306 (+ primer P123)||TML||1.55%||ESA ECSS-Q-ST-70-02C|
|Outgassing||Z306 (+ primer P123)||CVCM||0.00%||ESA ECSS-Q-ST-70-02C|
|Outgassing||Z306 (+ primer P123)||RML||0.47%||ESA ECSS-Q-ST-70-02C|
|Outgassing||Z307 (+ primer 9924)||TML||0.80%||NASA outgassing section A|
|Outgassing||Z307 (+ primer 9924)||CVCM||0.04%||NASA outgassing section A|
|Outgassing||A276||TML||0.99%||NASA outgassing section A|
|Outgassing||A276||CVCM||0.08%||NASA outgassing section A|
|Outgassing||A276||TML||0.57%||NASA Ellis & Jaworske 2009|
|Outgassing||A276||CVCM||0.01%||NASA Ellis & Jaworske 2009|
|Solar Absorptance||Z306||αs||0.96||NASA Lauder 2005, Henninger 1984|
|Solar Absorptance||Z306||αs||0.95||ESA ECSS-Q-70-09|
|Solar Absorptance||A276||αs||0.263||NASA Lauder 2005, Henninger 1985|
|Temperature resistance||Z306||-150°C to +130°C||Lord Corporation|
|Temperature resistance||Z307||-150°C to +130°C||Lord Corporation|
|Temperature resistance||A276||450K 500hrs in|
|NASA Ellis & Jaworske 2009|
|Temperature resistance||A276||-150°C to +130°C||Lord Corporation|
|Thermal Emissivity||Z306||εn||0.91||NASA Lauder 2005, Henninger 1986|
|Total Hemispherical emittance||Z306||εn||0.9||ESA ECSS-Q-70-09|
|Total Hemispherical emittance||Z306||εn||0.86||Lord Corporation|
|Thermal Emissivity||A276||εn||0.86||NASA Lauder 2005, Henninger 1987|
Chemglaze® CoatingsChemglaze® coatings serve a variety of specific industrial applications such as coating the interior of aluminium smelting pits.
|Chemglaze® 9942||Coating for aluminium smelting/casting pits|
|Chemglaze® A080||Polyurethane finish for surface protection|