World’s Highest Intensity, Self-Ballasted UV-A Lamp
This lamp is a favourite with NDT inspectors because it provides super-high UV-A intensity at an economical price. Its light weight and ergonomic design ensure easy handling for long inspections.
- Unique Built-In-Ballast™ 150-watt bulb eliminates the need for a heavy, external transformer
- Space-age engineering polymer housing is impact-resistant and dent-proof
- Total weight of only 3 1/4 lbs (1.5 kg). Measures just 9 5/8 inches (24 cm) long, including the heat guard/stand
- Vinyl-coated, stainless-steel, wraparound caging protects against burns and acts as a lamp stand
- Special Bulb-Saver™ minimizes bulb movement during handling and reduces the risk of breakage
- Easily meets ASTM UV-A intensity specifications for FPI and MPI
- Available in either concentrated spot or broad-beam versions. Concentrated spot configuration has a nominal steady-state UV-A intensity of 4,500 μW/cm2 at 15 inches (38 cm). Broad-beam configuration has a nominal steady-state UV-A intensity of 3,000 μW/cm2 at 15 inches (38 cm).
Both models come standard with an 8 foot (2.4 m) power cord. Lamps are also available with extended length power cords or with a 35 foot (10.7 m) cord housed in a retractable “flying” reel.